The MOG is a unique vessel. Some basics follow. For a virtual tour of the MOG, please visit www.mogcanalboat.com.
May we present the MOG!
- Length 39 feet, 11 inches. (12.17 meter)
- Beam 11 feet, 4 inches. (3.45 meter)
- Draft 1 foot, 6 inches (.45 meter)
- Air draft (bridge clearance) 8 feet, 2 inches. (2.49 meter)
- Weight about 12,000 pounds. (5443 kg) 6 photovoltaic modules of 235 watts each (1410 watts total) using only about half the roof array area.
- 2 10 hp inboard or outboard (used now) electric motors using eCycle motor technology. http://www.ecycle.com/
- 1 60 hp auxiliary engine (additional speed or auxiliary/emergency use). Top speed 7 knots without use of auxiliary engine, with a cruise of 2-3 knots (calm conditions).
- Full head (composting) with sink and separate, enclosed, full standing shower. Interior height 82 inches throughout with two door/windows onto foredeck.
- Main entrance door from aft cockpit.
- Forward saloon has open floor for chairs or berths and the aft salon has a fold down queen bed. Head and galley are midship, between saloon and salon.
- No through holes in the hull below water line (inboard and rudder shaft(s) excepted). Probable foamed lead or lithium ion batteries 2013 (total storage 10 to 30 kw).
- Currently, standard lead acid batteries. Alkaline fuel cell slated for 2013 from Apollo Energy Systems.
- Solar hot water with propane back up. Galley has refrigerator, propane Force10 stove/oven with oven in an Avonite & Corian counter/sink unit.